By choosing to use free wifi, guests of the La Copa Inn, 350 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, Texas ("us") agree to abide by this Internet Use Policy which prohibits abusive or illegal activity while our internet service.
I. INTERNET USE
As part of its mission to provide a wide range of information resources to its users, we provide computers with unrestricted access to the Internet, including through our public wireless network.
B. Internet Access
The Internet, an essential medium for obtaining and transmitting valuable information of all types, is unregulated and offers access to information that is inaccurate, biased, illegal, or that may be offensive or disturbing to some users. We do not monitor an individual's use of the Internet; nor do we employ filtering software.
C. Responsibilities of Our Staff and User
We will not monitor a user's Internet use, except for time limits in order to ensure equal opportunity of access for everyone. The user, or the parent/guardian of a minor, is responsible for his or her Internet activity at all times.
We reserve the right to terminate an Internet session that disrupts our services or in the event that a user violates our policies.
We affirm the right and responsibility of parents/guardians, not us, to determine and monitor their minor children's use of the Internet. Parents who believe that their children cannot responsibly use our Internet access are requested to monitor their children's Internet use.
We specifically disclaim any warrant as to the accuracy, timeliness, authoritativeness, or usefulness of content located via the Internet.
We will have no liability for direct, indirect or consequential damages related to the use of information accessed through our Internet service.
E. Unacceptable Uses of Service
Examples of inappropriate use include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Violation of network system integrity;
- Unauthorized tampering with computer hardware or software;
- Storage of data to anything other than a personal storage device;
- Violation of software license agreements or copyright laws;
- Violation of another user's privacy;
- Compromising the safety and security of others or the property of others.
Illegal acts involving our computing resources may also be subject to prosecution by local, state or federal authorities.
F. Response to Violations
Failure to comply with this policy and related procedures may result in the suspension of access to our computers or to our Internet service.
II. WIRELESS ACCESS
This service is free of charge and subject to the terms of the Hotel's Internet Use Policy and terms and conditions of use as follows:
A. LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
- Wireless access is provided as a public service free of charge on an as-is basis with no guarantee and no warranty. Our wireless network is subject to periodic maintenance and unforeseen downtime.
- There are risks involved with connecting to a public wireless connection, such as possible viruses, malware, loss of data, possible hacking/snooping by others connected, and possible hardware/software failure. It is the user's responsibility to protect his/her information from all risks associated with using the Internet, including any damage, loss, or theft that may occur as a result of using our wireless access.
- All of our Wi-Fi users should have up-to-date antivirus software installed on their computers/devices.
- The portable computer/device owner is responsible for setting up his/her own equipment to access our wireless network. Our staff are not permitted to handle patron laptops, devices or peripheral equipment. Our staff are not permitted to configure patrons' laptops/devices; nor can our staff provide more than general assistance in getting connected to the wireless network.
- We assume no responsibility for the safety of equipment; users must keep their equipment with them at all times.
- In using this free Internet access, users agree and hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless, La Copa Inn, 350 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, Texas, our officers and employees, and any affiliate, from any damage that may result from a patron's use of our wireless access. While using this wireless access, users acknowledge that they are subject to, and agree to abide by all laws, and all rules and regulations of South Padre Island, the State of Texas, and the federal government that is applicable to Internet use.
- At its sole discretion, we may terminate this public service at anytime without prior notice.
- Any attempt to circumvent hotel procedures or any unauthorized attempt to access or manipulate hotel equipment may result in suspension of use of our Wi-Fi network.
Policy Adopted: 12/13/2013